For kids and teenagers aged 10-17. Once you can swim a little bit you’re more than welcome. Our courses are packed with fun games that will cater for everyone. We hope to develop your skills and water confidence while playing fun games and going on short local journeys.
What do you get?
- 5 x 3 hour session with qualified instructors
- Level 1 or Level 2 Kayak Skills Award
- Fun filled sessions exploring Galway by the water
Single child: 90€ per child booked
2 or more children: 85€ per child booked
Earlybird: 5€ discount per child booked before 1.June
The course will be held on the Upper Corrib. Everyone will meet and change in Commercial Boat Club in Woodquay. Changing rooms and loads of parking at the CBC.
Week 1 : 03.July – 07.July morning: 9.30 to 12.30 or afternoon: 13.30 – 16.30
Week 2: 10.July – 14.July morning: 9.30 to 12.30 or afternoon: 13.30 – 16.30
Week 3: 17.July – 21.July morning: 9.30 to 12.30 or afternoon: 13.30 – 16.30
Week 4: 24.July – 28.July morning: 9.30 to 12.30 or afternoon: 13.30 – 16.30
What to bring?
We supply all the kayak gear (windcheater, helmet, buoyancy aid, paddle and of course a kayak). You need to bring:
- Shorts or Swimming gear
- Old runners or wetsuit shoes
- A wetsuit or old tracksuit or fleece jumper to keep you warm in the kayak
- Change of clothes and a towel
- A snack & drink (small lunch)
Note: Non-cotton clothing is more suitable for wearing in the water eg polyester, fleece, soft shell or football jerseys.